Windham Hospital is a 144-bed acute care hospital which has served 19 communities in Eastern CT for nearly 80 years. With a staff of more than 700 committed to excellence in quality and service for the region, Windham boasts a state-of-the-art Emergency Department that consistently ranks in the highest percentiles of customer satisfaction. The hospital also offers convenient and modern satellite services including two Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Clinics and a Center for Women's Health offering mammography, bone density and integrative health.
There are on-campus support services for patients of Windham Hospital including a Cardiac Rehabilitation Center and Lipid Clinic, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Pain Management Services. Community education is an important component of Windham Hospital's vision to improve the health of the community. To achieve this goal, diabetes education, childbirth education, integrative health services, cancer support groups and ongoing community health forums are offered.
The medical staff brings specialties and diagnostic disciplines in the areas of Surgery, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynocology, Critical Care, Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology , Oncology, Endocrinolgy, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Nephrology, Sleep Medicine, and Pain Management.
SVP & President: David Whitehead, SVP & President, East Region
Licensed bed capacity: 144
Patient days: 17,269
Emergency visits: 30,914
Inpatient surgeries: 1,053
Ambulatory surgeries: 2,662
Physicians on staff: 53
Operating revenue: $82.6 million
Community benefit: $7.6 million
Satellite Services: Center for Women's Health, Mansfield; Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Clinics, Storrs & Willimantic; MedEast Walk In Centers, Tolland & Willimantic; Two Student Health Centers at Windham Middle and High Schools.
- Broke ground on $8.4 million, 30,000-square-foot family health center to house various hospital services; primary care and specialty care physicians and surgeons; and physical therapy, rehabilitation and laboratory staff.
- Participated in a comprehensive Community Health Needs Assessment in 2012 as member of Windham Consortium, a partnership of health care agencies in northeastern Connecticut.
- Instituted free valet parking at Atrium entrance.
- Implemented software to integrate patient and ambulatory care through a single electronic medical record.
- Became one of first community hospitals in Connecticut to use MRI-guided technology to enhance prostate cancer detection and treatment.
112 Mansfield Ave
Willimantic, CT 06226